February 5, 2013

Some things that I love about Cambodia :)

The following are some pictures that I have taken this week of things that I found to be interesting in Cambodia.



This is on a package of cookies brought from America. I find the first instructions to be very difficult in Cambodia: "Keep cool and dry place" :) yeah right! When I find that place, I will ask to be placed there, and there will be no room for cookies :)

At restaurants, they serve with your tea a cup of liquid sugar. It stirs into your drink much easier than dry, and you don't have to tear open all those stupid little packages. Kudos to Cambodia for using a more superior sugar system than America!

I just recently bought a guitar (with my Christmas money :) It was a Yamaha Acoustic electric, with built in tuner, and a plug for XLR and quarter inch plug. Great sound! I bought two replacement tuning keys (just in case) and a strap with real leather ends, and a back up set of strings... total cost: $160. This beautiful Gibson Les Paul was hanging in the window, and I just was curious, so I asked... total cost: $240. Crazy thing is, the little plastic plugs that you need for holding the strings in place at the bottom of the guitar (you know, the ones that most guitar stores give you for free) cost me fifty cents each! What I have found is that the guitar itself is super cheap, but the parts are incredibly expensive.
Well, that is all I wanted to post. Just thought you might find these things interesting. I will try to keep taking pictures, as I find interesting things. I will post more next week, or sooner! Until next time!
Micah and Kelsi.

No comments:

Post a Comment