April 7, 2013

Exciting News!!!

FOUR BOYS IN MY REMEDIAL CLASS ACCEPTED JESUS INTO THEIR HEARTS!!!  And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we are here. :)

The week before Easter I was doing resurrection eggs with my classes as our morning devotion.  When we got the the part where Jesus died on the cross it occurred to me that these mostly Buddhist boys have no clue why that is important.  So I stopped what I was doing and shared the gospel with them.  The whole time I was doing it I was thinking "man I wish I knew more Khmer."  By the time I was done most of them were excited and really into it.  So I asked  them if they wanted to pray and ask Jesus to be Lord of their life.  They said yes and we did!  I was so excited but kinda weary because their English is not really up to par so I wasn't sure how much they actually understood.  So I asked Visoth (an older BYKOTA kid) to come in the next Monday to translate for me.  We went through it all again (they hadn't really understood anything the first time)  and this time they did it for real.  David, Katrona, Hiang, and Ratanak all asked Jesus to be their Savior and Lord. :)  We are now doing discipleship training for morning devotion to help them know how to live as Christians.  These boys, except for David, are new to BYKOTA house, and it is highly likely that they hadn't even met a Christian before here.  We started with the 10 commandments, at home it is easy to bundle the first three together, but here there are many gods and many many idols so we had to take them one day at a time.  It is hard to go from a religion where you worship and pray to lots of things to understanding that there is only one God.  Please pray for us, pray that God gives me wisdom in teaching them and that they will be receptive to what He has to say.

~Kelsi

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Miss you all so much! Tell the kids I said Hi. Hope you both are doing well and the girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO WONDERFUL! Praise God for His awesome power!!!

    ReplyDelete