September 1, 2014

Foster Care: God Provides [UPDATED: 10/4/2014]

Thank you for everyone who has been fasting and praying with us for our foster care to be approved by the Ministry of Social Affairs. Today I received a call. After submitting our paper work, and being told that I needed to wait to be called, it seemed that I had some random number calling every single day--wrong numbers, mostly. Each time my phone rang, my heart would jump. This morning, I got THE call. My phone rang, and I didn't recognize the number:
Me: Hello, this is Micah.
Them: Yes, is this the Micah who is married to Kelsi?
Me: Yes.
Them: And you have two girls named Roet and Niet that you are trying to get foster care for?
Me: Yes, that is correct.
Them: This is Dina, at the Ministry of Social Affairs, the Minister has approved your application, and given you a letter of approval for foster care of Roet and Niet.
Me: SERIOUSLY!? When can I come pick up the letter?
Dina: Today before 11:30 or after 2.
Me: I will be there as soon as possible. THANK YOU!!!!

And just like that, Abby and Lily are legally in our care. We have a few steps to take, but Kelsi and I's hope is to be home for Thanksgiving and stay through January. Let me take you through the steps we need to take, for this to be a possibility.

1. Foster care (Check)




2.Passports (Check)

I had pictures of the girls' passports, but then realized that that is probably not a good choice...Exciting though!


3. Travel Permission (Check)


4. Tourist Visas: This will be working with the U.S. Embassy and will just be simply applying for tourist visas for the girls. I have to be honest, the U.S. Embassy has given us more trouble than any other office, so we will see how they handle this.

[UPDATE: 10/4/2014]
We have made our appointment for October 20th. Although we would like to have it sooner, it is in God's hands, and we are trusting His timing. Please pray for favor and that the process of actually receiving the visa is a quick one.

After that, we are on a plane to America with our whole family, and how much better will that visit be!?
If you would like to help in this process, the most important thing you can do is pray for us.
Kelsi and I are also in a bit of a financial crunch right now. Although the passports and foster care have already been provided for by our home church (Open Door), everything on this list will cost money. Although God is always providing for our needs,our giving in the last couple of months has declined. I will be writing a little bit more on this in another blog, but it would be great if we had people pledge the cost of these items:

Visas: $320
Translated Copies for Embassy Interview: $52

Just let us know if you would like to sponsor one of these items, and it will be a huge blessing to us!

There is the road ahead. We are very excited to see God work all of this out, and it is fantastic to see His mighty hand at work. Please continue to pray for us! We love you guys!
BecauseHeLives,
Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment