February 23, 2016

Coming to a Close

As it seems, our time in Cambodia is starting to come to a close. I spoke with the U.S. Embassy and the Director of Consular Affairs answered all my questions about Abby and Lily's visas--she was very helpful and informative. Kelsi and I were working on a few options for returning to the States, and the Embassy was able to narrow down those options to two. We are still praying about what will be best, but I thought I would share this with all of you so you could be praying also.

The Embassy said that they would be willing to process our visa paper work, but it would definitely have to wait until September 1st (this is when we will meet the legal custody requirement). She let me know that the process in total should take about a month, and after that we would be flight ready. This means that we could all be on a plane in early October coming home for good, as a family.

I am gonna just stop and let everyone sing a song of praise and thanksgiving to God for this miracle.

Ok. So there is still paperwork to fill out, but from my conversation with the Embassy it is just that... paperwork. And it will take about a month for interviews and such.

If you read a previous post, you may remember that we were asking you all to pray that we would get to come home sooner, because the school year starts in August, and it would be nice to be able to start into a teaching job. Kelsi and I have not completely lost hope in this. As of right now, I have begun to apply for various teaching jobs, and if something were to happen with those, there is an option for me to come home at the end of July to start it, while Kelsi finishes up the paper work with the girls and comes two months later.

This is not our favorite option, but we understand that families undergo times of separation, and it would only be a short time, while I get everything ready for them to come--Kelsi would have plenty of support in Cambodia (if you were worried about that).

We are very excited to be trying to work out these details, as it just emphasizes that we are on our way home. We could definitely use some prayer, as we are trying to make these decisions, and we are so encouraged by all your support, as we hopefully finish well (another blog about that later).

That is all for now. I hope you all have a great week, and please remember to pray for us!
BecauseHeLives,
Micah.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray. We will continue praying for Him to light the path you are to take.

    ReplyDelete