March 16, 2013

New Testaments

My mom sent over some Gideon Bibles in the last care package. When we changed the school to an explicit teaching environment, the kids lost some of the Bible that they were receiving every day from their PACE BOOKS. I started doing a Bible study in the morning with my group, and the kids have been asking lately for a Bible to read on their own. So, on Friday, I brought the Bibles out... I tried to save the give away until the end of Bible study, but Timothy immediately saw them and said, "Mr. Micah, are those for us?" We spent reading time reading the new Bibles. Heng asked me how I found verses in the Bible, so I think that we are going to have to do some practice on memorizing the books of the Bible. When I gave them the Bibles, I asked, "If I gave you a Bible, would you read it every day? If I asked if you were reading, would you tell me every day?" Each of them told me that they would read it everyday, and Gene said that he was going to read his at night before bed. They are not all perfect readers, but I am certain that God's word is going to penetrate their hearts and make them wise to His ways. Pray for these pre-teens (and Gene who is nine), that God will speak to them as they read, and that they will grow in their walk with Christ--all of them profess to be Christians, and I see it in their actions every single day. 
Gene with his Bible

Left to Right: Gene, Heng, and Bee reading their Bibles together. 

Timothy with his Bible

Bee with his Bible
Thank you to my mom, who sent these Bibles over in a suitcase, and also to all our supporters who pray for us daily, and who also sacrifice monthly so that we can be here doing God's work. I am truly blessed to be teaching this group (and my boys--Savorn, Ratana, Visoth, Voleak, and Chantee) each day Monday through Friday. Teaching not only English (which is important) but also giving them a firm foundation in God's word.
Please pray for me and Kelsi as we teach everyday. If you would, pray at 8:00 PM each Sunday through Thursday (if you live in Missouri), that will be the exact time that we begin our Bible studies in the morning. Pray that God would give us His word anew every morning and help us to teach with His wisdom and understanding. Pray that we would only teach the truth of His word, and that we would be diligent to live lives that are an example of what His word says to do. Again, thank you to everyone who supports us. If you feel like God is leading you to pray for us in your evenings, let us know by sending us an email at micah.kelsi@gmail.com It would be an incredible blessing and encouragement to know that our brothers and sisters in Christ are holding us up in prayer. 
BecauseHeLives,
Micah and Kelsi :)


No comments:

Post a Comment