October 21, 2013

Purpose of Our Blog...

Hello Everyone,
It has been a while since I have blogged consistently. I think that there are multiple reasons for that... sickness, business, ect... For me, the biggest thing is just not having anything "blog-worthy." I can see in our past blogs that this has been a place for updating everyone on what has been happening in Phnom Penh. We have told you about activities and school and trips, and told stories of how God has been providing for us in really cool ways. So I was thinking about the purpose of this blog, and if it is purely for updating, what do I do when we go an entire month in which we do school, have a birthday party, and play soccer... all these things are routine, and I have blogged about them before. Should I blog about them again? Or maybe I could just post a little thing that says "All is well, same same but different." (Same Same But Different is a famous phrase in Cambodia. They even have it on T-shirts). Then I started thinking that maybe it is time for our blog to go back to what it once was: a place for you to experience things in Cambodia. Start making "What is It?" videos again, and Khmer phrases. This is where I would like to take our blog, plus an addition of "Bible Study Corner." Every morning and afternoon, I teach the Bible--with the Middle aged kids and then with the older boys. I think that I will start posting what we have talked about during those times. It is usually about ten-twenty minutes of Bible study. I would also love to share the memory verse songs that I and the kids learn for our Bible memory! I would also like to include a section called Family Matters, in which I give updates not on our ministry but on what God has been doing in our home. So these are my ideas. The purpose of our blog, I believe, is to help all of our close family and friends live life with us, while we are far away. If you have any requests or ideas on what we could do on our blog, please email us at micah.kelsi@gmail.com. That's all for now!
BecauseHeLives,
The Bergens.

No comments:

Post a Comment