January 20, 2014

Family Matters: Trip to America

Hello everyone,
This is Micah writing. My wife has done a great job of keeping everyone posted while I was away. Even so, I am sure that there are a lot of questions about why I flew all the way to America on such short notice. I am afraid that most will go unanswered. I will tell you as much as I think needs to be said without infringing on other's privacy and respecting their confidence. Most of you know that my father was missing for two days, and that the search party was called off. I think that my brother Joshua posted on Facebook "He made contact." I saw that and felt relieved that he was ok. The next day, my mom Skyped with me and explained that my dad had tried to kill himself and was in critical condition in ICU. This is where details stop and the questions go unanswered. I will not explain why he tried to kill himself. I will simply say that I went to America because I thought that my dad was going to die. He did not, and he is recovering now. When I got to America details came out, and for personal reasons my family cut off contact with my dad. My time in America was mostly spent supporting my family through a difficult situation. It is difficult to be in the situation of always sharing details about your life, and having something happen that I am not at liberty to share. I hope that this has cleared up some of the questions, and I really appreciate everyone who came along side us during this time. We had so much support when I found out. My plane ticket was purchased and my return ticket vouched for within two days. It feels great to know that we have people in our lives who are behind us. I think that is all I am able to say for now. I will get to posting another blog and videos shortly. I am still a little jet lagged right now. Thank you again.
BecauseHeLives,
Micah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment