November 4, 2014

Abby Goes to the Dentist

Abby was complaining about her tooth, so we looked in her mouth and found that she had a tooth growing in behind her baby tooth (commonly called a "Shark Tooth") Her baby tooth was wiggly but was not ready to come out. We decided to take her to the dentist to have it extracted, so that her other tooth would fall into place correctly. Here is a photo tour of our experience :)



Abby was not excited. A couple nights before, I tried to pull the tooth out (how hard could it be?). When I was unable to get it out, I told her that she would have to go to the dentist, and she cried, "No! I don't want to go. You pull it out... I don't want to go to the dentist, cause it will hurt." I could not convince her that it would hurt less at the dentist than if I tried to pull it out... 


 The whole procedure only took about five minutes. The dentist rubbed her gums with the numbing gel, and Abby screamed at that. When the dentist got out the pliers, Abby reacted as if it was a chainsaw. When the pliers went into her mouth she was not happy, but before she even had time to react, the tooth was out. The dentist asked me afterwards if I could help her to not be scared the next time... Hello, I bribed her with ice cream afterwards and held her hand and spoke to her in a calming voice the whole time. And leading up to it, I said over and over again that it would not hurt... what more could I do... seriously... any suggestions would be great... comment below.


It took me three tries to get her to finally hold this smile--showcasing her new gap :) The dentist told Abby not to stick her tongue in the whole or play with it for a while... who is she kidding, how can you resist? Abby kept telling me, "Daddy, I'm sticking my tongue in the hole :)"





 As promised, afterwards we went to the new mall, and ate ice-cream. Abby picked the chocolate chocolate chocolate... I'm not sure if that is really what it was called, but it was a big bowl of chocolate things, and Abby ate it all by herself, because Lily is as stubborn as Kelsi, and when she found out she had to share, she would not eat a single bite of it... other than the cherry on top, which she did not have to share.


Hope you enjoyed it!
Thank you to everyone who prays for us and supports us. It is because of you that we were able to take Abby to the dentist and ice cream! You are a huge blessing to our family!
BecauseHeLives,
Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment